Friday, January 16, 2009

Seymore Update

It's been 4 weeks since we lost our sweet Logan. It's been a challenge to say the least. My little family is doing as well as can be expected. We roll along as only we know how. We have our share of ups and downs. It's very difficult to put into words what we are going through or to describe how we feel from day to day. That being said, we have had some good days and nights. I realize that this is something that one does not get past it's something that you just learn to live with.

Jon & I have some very good friends to say the least. There are some of you who have stood firmly beside us every step of the way through this. We appreciate you greatly. Many of you sent cards, emails, meals or flowers...we thank you for that also. Your words have been comforting.

I'll let you all in on a fear of ours. We worry that the outside world will now only classify us as "that family/couple that lost the baby" and that our "friends" will no longer be comfortable around us because they don't what to say or how to act. I pray that this is not the case. Jon & I are the same people that we always were...we just have a little more on our minds and a little heaviness on our hearts. I have no doubt we will get through this and I pray that all of our family & friends will continue to stand beside us.

Jon & I decided that events to look forward to were the best, most positive, medicine right now. That being said, we are leaving to go to Las Vegas on February 5th and coming home on the 8th. We are so very excited. We haven't been to Vegas since our wedding...for those of you who didn't know...we did in fact get married there at The Paris. The whole wedding planning stress was too much for me to take!! Our next "event" will be during spring break when we go to Cancun with my family (Dad) for 8 days. I am seriously considering a personal trainer until then to help whip me into some form of "beach shape". Jon says to just make the phone call but as you see...I have yet to do it! Any suggestions Waxahachie folks?

Thanks again to all of you for your thoughts and prayers for our family! I can assure you that they are a blessing and are a tremendous help!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenny, your family is in my prayers every day!! I admire your strength :-)

Michelle said...

Girl...You know I will always be around bugging you!