Monday, September 17, 2012

Must be true

In my previous post I mentioned how the saying that bad things happen in 3's was on my mind...well I guess there may be a shred of truth to that.  If not that, then the coincidence is amazing.
 
My heart has been heavy since late Friday night.  Some of you have probably seen it on the news if you are from our area.  This sweet high school senior passed in a car crash late Friday afternoon.  Due to our age gap and the way life work, we did not know each other very well.  However I should have.  She is the daughter of one of my fathers lifelong best friends.
 
I got the opportunity to be around and chat with her at the beginning of the summer when she, her sister and her father came over to my dad's for a barbecue.  She was incredibly sweet, humble and such a beautiful young girl.
 
My heart aches for this family.  I understand what it feels like to lose a child.  While the circumstances are different and this family got to spend 17 years becoming bonded with her, I can still take the pain that I felt and multiply that times 17.  I can feel my heart constrict just thinking of it now.
 

 
I don't know when he and my dad became friends but I do know it was before they were in high school.  I remember a lifetime spend of listening to my dad and mom tell stories that involved this man.  If my dad got into trouble, he was there and if my dad needed help to get out of trouble, he was there.
 
I would be willing to say that this man is a huge part of the reason that I have the father that I do today.  Maybe not in a way that most would think of but he stood beside my dad when he was at his lowest of lows and helped to pull him out when no one else really could or would.
 
Because of all these things, my heart just break even more for him and his family.
 
If you could take just a few moments out to say a prayer for this sweet family and help lift them up, I would be appreciative.

No comments: