Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On my block...

You would not BELIEVE what my kid said to me last night. It was getting late and it was time for bed. I was sitting on the couch and Jon was in one of the recliners while Lucas was running around. I told Lucas that it was time for us to go get PJ's on and get into bed. He told me "No, I don't want to" then he proceeded to climb onto Jon's lap. So, what did I do? I repeat myself and tell him that it is time for bed and that we need to go now...

Lucas then says, plain as day, "Mommy, I am not on your BLOCK anymore so I don't have to listen to you"...what??? He repeats himself telling me that since he is in his Daddy's lap that he minds his Daddy and that he is not on my block anymore.

Yeah, I asked him where he heard that and he said he saw it on The Fast & The Furious. I looked...yep, it's there. Two of the guys were getting into a fight and one said "Hey, we're not on your block anymore."

Only my son...

1 comment:

Heather said...

OH MY!!! HIlarious!